5 Simple Ways To Transition Your Summer Favorites For Fall
Don't put away that sundress just yet.
I know it seems too early to be talking about the fall when the temperature outside is a hot 90 degrees, but believe it or not fall is just around the corner. Fall clothes are now being featured in the department stores even though there’s plenty more time for fun in the sun.
Before you start checking out the new and exciting clothes for fall, browse through all the summer sale items (like TJ Maxx). You never know what kind of transitional pieces you’ll find that can carry you over to the cooler weather.
You don’t need to change your whole wardrobe for the upcoming season. Just make sure to choose clothing and accessories that are versatile and can work with many different outfits and weather changes. This may be as simple as a change in colors and fabrics. Why not try a burgundy, leather bag rather than the pink, canvas bag you’ve been using all summer?
Consider the following tips when beginning your transition to the fall season and you’ll end up with outfits you never thought possible.
- Scarves — These add a bit of color and pizazz to any outfit, but depending on their size you can use them as a wrap to stay warm. Try a scarf in purple, burgundy or grey for fall.
- Jackets — From jean jackets to leather bombers and blazers, jackets are a great way to stay warm, add layers and change your outfits from summer to fall. Try a tweed jacket with platform pumps and shorts or Capri pants. You can also try pairing a dark blazer over floral tops or dresses.
- Sweaters — Whether you wear a simple cardigan or a long sweater jacket, sweaters are perfect ways to adapt your summer wardrobe and stay warm. Don't forget that you can always belt a sweater for a more modern look.
- Tights — If you want an easy way to transition shorts and skirts to the fall, wear a cool pair of tights in different colors, patterns or textures. What a fun and colorful way to stay warm.
- Boots — Whether tall or short, cowboy or suede, or even a pair of booties, boots can be worn with everything from a white pair of pants to a floral sundress.
- Sundresses — One great way to work with a sundress is to add dark tights, a belt, a shrunken blazer and riding boots. Another way to adapt to the seasonal change is as easy as adding a wrap or shawl. You can even add a light turtleneck or long-sleeved black tee underneath a dress.
- Capris — Yes, you can still wear Capris in the fall, however, you’ll want to stick with a pair that's darker wash, black or even denim. Try layering the top with a red cardigan or wrap to add a punch of color.
Remember, you can wear your favorite white sundress whether you’re strolling along the beach in the hot summer sun or apple picking in the crisp fall air. Just switch out your sandals for opaque tights, a pair of boots and a colorful cardigan and off you go.