VIDEO: Blacksmith Drive Family Forced Out of Home by Thursday Night Fire
No one was injured in the two-alarm blaze.
Firefighters from Sudbury, Maynard, Lincoln and Acton braved frigid conditions Thursday night while fighting a two-alarm fire that sent a Blacksmith Drive family out of their home.
No one was injured in the fire, which began in the kitchen at 15 Blacksmith Drive, Sudbury Fire Chief Bill Miles said.
Miles said the residents were using their gas stove when they noticed smoke and flames around 7 p.m. Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the kitchen.
During an investigation, Miles said a gas leak was noticed and National Grid was called in to shut off the gas.
Miles said they had hoped to get the gas back on by Friday.