Five Things to Start Your Day: Sept. 25
A few bits of facts and figures to help you start your Tuesday.
1. FORECAST: Today — Sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph; Tonight — Increasing clouds, with a low around 53. South wind around 7 mph.
2. PATCH AND SOCIAL MEDIA: Did you know you can also follow your favorite Patch site on Facebook and Twitter? All articles, events and announcements that post to Patch also post to Facebook and Twitter. So go ahead and "Like" and follow us.
3. PATCH IN YOUR INBOX: Every Patch site offers readers daily, weekend and breaking news newsletters that are delivered directly to your inbox. To sign up for Sudbury Patch, click here; Acton Patch, click here.
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1789 — The first Congress adopted 12 amendments to the Constitution and sent them to the states for ratification. The first ten became the Bill of Rights; 1981 — Sandra Day O'Connor was sworn in as the first female justice on the Supreme Court; 2003 — It was reported that more than 14,000 had lost their lives in France in a summer heat wave.
5. BORN TODAY: 1929 – Barbara Walters, American broadcaster;1961 – Heather Locklear, American actress and model;1965 – Scottie Pippen, American basketball player;1968 – Will Smith, American actor and rapper; 1969 – Catherine Zeta-Jones, Welsh actress.