Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 1
Summer book club meets tonight.
1. ART & ENTERTAINMENT: Summer 2012 book club
Today's discussion at 7 p.m. will be about Rascal, by Sterling North
To get a copy of the book, stop by the children's desk or call 978-443-1035. Snack provided by the Friends of the Goodnow Library.
2. FAMILY: Sing-a-long with James Lepler
Bring your children ages 5 and younger to Goodnow Library for a sing-a-long with James Lepler, who has been performing and writing songs for more than 20 years for kids and grownups alike. His programs are a fun mix of music, rhythm and movement.
Preview songs from his CD “Had To Dance” on iTunes and check out his website at www.kidsnharmony.com.
3. CHARITY: Donation drive for children
Tesini Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics has teamed up with "Cradles to Crayons" to host a donation drive to help support homeless children. How can you help? They will be accepting donations of new and gently-used children’s essentials, now through Aug. 30. A collection bin will be open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Below is a list of the items that can be accepted, along with the items that they are currently in critical need of:
Clothing/Shoes/Boots: In critical need of boys size 5/6 pants.
- Toys/baby gear/new baby supplies: No stuffed animals, videos, or computer games please. There is a great need for toys appropriate for 9-10 year olds (ex: basketballs, soccer balls, games, etc).
- Books: Board books, picture books, easy readers, early chapter books, young adult books, foreign language books. (most needed: baby books ages 0-2)
- New art, crafts and school supplies: Markers, crayons, stamps, craft kits, clay and dough, painting supplies, activity and coloring books. There is a crucial need for new notebooks, construction paper, rulers, and pencil sharpeners.
4. SPORTS & RECREATION: Youth football and cheer registration
Sudbury Youth Football and Cheer online registration is now open. Sign up at: www.sudburyyouthfootballandcheer.com.
5. OUTDOORS: Forecast
Today: A slight chance of showers between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 80. Tonight A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.