Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 25
Bring the kids to Goodnow Library for some live music.
1. FAMILY: Sing-a-Long with James Lepler
Bring your children ages 5 years old and younger to Goodnow Library for a sing-a-long with James Lepler, who has been performing and writing songs for more than 20 years for kids and grownups alike. His programs are a fun mix of music, rhythm and movement.
Preview songs from his CD “Had To Dance” on iTunes and check out his website at www.kidsnharmony.com.
2. SCHOOL EVENTS: Artsmart Show 2012
Join Bright Horizons at Sudbury for an elegant art gallery opening featuring original masterpieces from budding artists and learn how Bright Horizons incorporates an art-rich culture into your child's creative world.
- Enjoy music and elegant appetizers
- Silent auction to benefit the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
- Interactive art activites and raffle prizes.
3. GOVERNMENT: Planning Board meeting
4. GOVERNMENT: Design Review Board meeting
The Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Flynn Building. For the Board's agenda, click here.
5. CHARITABLE: Donation drive for children
Tesini Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics is pleased to announce that they have teamed up with "Cradles to Crayons" to host a donation drive to help support homeless children. How can you help? They will be accepting donations of new and gently used children’s essentials, now through Aug. 30. The collection bin will be open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Below is a list of the items that can be accepted, along with the items that they are currently in critical need of:
- Clothing/Shoes/Boots: In critical need of boys size 5/6 pants.
- Toys/Baby Gear/New Baby Supplies: No stuffed animals, videos, or computer games please. There is a great need for toys appropriate for 9-10 year olds (ex: basketballs, soccer balls, games, etc).
- Books: Board books, picture books, easy readers, early chapter books, young adult books, foreign language books. (most needed: baby books ages 0-2)
- New Art, Crafts and School Supplies: Markers, crayons, stamps, craft kits, clay and dough, painting supplies, activity and coloring books. There is a crucial need for new notebooks, construction paper, rulers, and pencil sharpeners.