How to Prepare for a Blizzard
Massive snow storm expected to hit Sudbury Sunday and Monday.
These tips are courtesy of ehow.com.
1. You should have plenty of warning that a blizzard is coming. So before the blizzard starts you need to get groceries and household supplies. You will probably be stuck in the house for a few days so make sure you get enough food, milk and water to last. If you have small children, don't forget to get enough diapers and formula.
2. Fill your car up with gas before the blizzard. When the blizzard is over you are going to need to let your car warm up for quite awhile and defrost so don't want to be running low on gas.
3. Make sure you have your snow shovel somewhere handy before the snow starts. Your shovel won't do you any good if it is in the tool shed and you can't get to it because the snow is waist high. Make sure you put the shovel in your house or garage so you can dig yourself out when the blizzard is over.
4. If you have children that will be stuck inside, plan some games or activities to do with them to keep them busy. You may want to rent some movies or pick up a new board game or puzzles before the blizzard starts.
5. Most importantly make sure you have everything you need before the blizzard starts. You should not go outside or attempt to drive during a blizzard.
Read more: How to Prepare for a Blizzard in Your Area | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5827013_prepare-blizzard-area.html#ixzz19AZmZpFQ