LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Constitution Challenge 5K a Hit
Resident Ursula Lyons thanks everyone who helped with the second annual event at the Wayside Inn.
On behalf of the Committee for last Sunday’s second Constitution Challenge 5k race/walk at the Wayside Inn, I want to express my sincere appreciation to all who participated and helped with this unique race which celebrated the 125th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution and which will provide a $1,000 Scholarship for a deserving Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School student. This year’s winner was Neil Lawson who is attending Cornell University.
Families enjoyed watching the Kids Fun Run (where everyone received a prize) and the raffle. The runners and walkers praised the peaceful, pleasant course on a glorious September morning. A variety of complimentary drinks and refreshments added to the enjoyment of the event. The overall winners were Michael Clements who beat his time of last year by 1 minute with 17:08, and Jennifer Spencer who also bested last year’s time by 1 minute with 22:18.
Other first- and second-place winners included:
- MEN 18 and under: Nick Adams and Ross Elkort
- MEN 19-29: David Power,
- MEN 30-39: Michael Clements and Greg LeBlanc
- MEN 40-49: Paul Russell and Paul Filliun
- MEN 50-59: Jon Waldron and Michael Braverman
- MEN 60 and older: Rob Eustis and Joe Hazeltine
- WOMEN under 18: Emily Tully and Savanna Frazier
- WOMEN 19-29: Alissa Frazier and Margaux Warren
- WOMEN 30-39: Jennifer Spencer and Mary Jane Moon
- WOMEN 40-49: Kristin Orounce and Kate Caputo
- WOMEN 50-59: Hilary Wells and Elin Neiterman.
The times of all the participants will be published in www.coolrunning.com.
Once again we earned the needed funds for a $1,000 scholarship to be awarded to a Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School student thanks also to the generous donations of the Sponsors and those who donated raffle prizes:
- Bosse Sports
- Comrie Real Estate
- Fitness Together, Sudbury
- Greater Boston Running Company
- BIBA Hydrating Drink
- ORANGE LEAF Frozen Yogurt
- NRG Bar
- Sudbury Farms
- Jet Mail Services
- Bonnie’s Boot Camp
- Longfellow Club
- Sudbury Pizza
- Sudbury Republican Town Committee
- and especially John Cowden, innkeeper of the Wayside Inn, and his maintenance staff who graciously allowed us to use the field and grounds for the event and donated two raffle prizes!
Wayside Inn Road