Patch Picks: Seasonal Fall Brews
Pumpkin beer anyone? How about a nice harvest ale?
This week the weather took a turn toward fall, with temperatures dipping into the 40s at night. With the leaves starting to change color, and the cool crispness in the air, fall is at our doorstep.
And with fall comes a selection of autumn brews from New England beer makers. Here are some picks for fall, frosty refreshment, best enjoyed around a campfire, after a day of apple picking, or... whenever.
- Maine: Shipyard's Pumpkinhead Ale - hints of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Vermont: Long Trail's Harvest - an English brown ale
- New Hampshire: Woodstock Inn Brewery's Through Hiker Double Rye Pale Ale - a spicy, full amber ale
- Massachusetts: Wachusett Octoberfest - a copper-colored beer with a Euro-malty flavor
- Rhode Island: Naragansett's Fest - beer that's amber-brown and in the German Oktoberfest style
- Connecticut: Thomas Hooker's Octoberfest - produced by slow fermentation and long, cold maturation
What's your favorite fall beer? Tell us in the comments section, if you're 21 and up....