Stow Man Arrested on Warrant in Sudbury
The following arrest information was supplied by the Sudbury Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
According to Lt. Scott Nix, an officer on patrol pulled over Roger B. Sturgis, 60, of 437 Taylor Road, at about 7:47 p.m. for allegedly speeding on Concord Road.
After the responding officer completed an investigation, it was found Sturgis had a warrant out for his arrest for charges made by the Dedham Police Department.
The warrant was for speeding and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
Strugis was released at 9:58 p.m. and scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning.
In other police news from March 8:
- Officers responded to numerous reports of cars sliding off the road due to hazardous road conditions from Friday's snowstorm.
- A car struck a snow plow on Boston Post Road. No injuries were reported and no tows were needed.
- A chimney fire was reported on North Road. Nix said it was quickly brought under control and no injuries were reported.
- Wayland police notified Sudbury police about a two-car accident on Pelham Island Road. No injuries were reported.
- A car struck a tree on Maynard Road near the Maynard town line. No injuries were reported.
- A car struck a tree on Woodside Road. No injuries reported but the car was towed.
- An officer on patrol witnessed a suspicious car on Dutton Road. After completing an investigation, the occupants of the car were cited for being in possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and fined $100.