Sudbury FD Warns of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Residents are reminded to clear vents in homes.
Other than the heavy snowfall, The Town of Sudbury was mostly spared during the Blizzard of 2013.
But the Sudbury Fire Department has been busy responding to elevated levels of carbon monoxide in homes.
In a release issued by the Sudbury FD, residents are urged to make sure all vents in homes are cleared of snow.
"With drifting snow, ventilation outlets for heating systems can be blocked, and cause dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in living areas," the release reads. "Also, be careful to clear snow from around exhaust pipes if you are sitting inside an idling vehicle."
Residents with questions or concerns about carbon monoxide poisoning are asked to call the fire department at 978-443-2239.