Written by: Jen Block
With fall at its peak time about now, I would like to share with you some of my favorite apple foods and where to buy them:
- Best Apple Pie around town: Verrill Farm www.verrillfarm.com
- Most delicious and unique, apple pie bread: Great Harvest Bread, Newton/Lexington www.greatharvestbread.com
- Homemade apple cider freshly pressed in their own cider mill: Honey Pot Hill Farms www.honeypothill.com
- And if you’re in the mood to make your own treat, try the “Liberty Ledge” sandwich:
- French bread: I particularly like the artisinal frozen French loaves from Whole Foods
- Granny smith apple
- Honey mustard: Whole Foods 365 brand is very good
- Store brand honey maple turkey
- Brie cheese
- Assemble all the items, and enjoy!
Bio: Jen Block is the Associate Director at Camp Sewataro. She herself was a camper and Waterfront staff member in the 80’s. She returned to Sewataro in 2007 and now her daughter is sharing in the Sewataro experience.