1. The following students have been named to the Dean's List at the University of New Hampshire for the fall semester of the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Jessica Bonner of Sudbury earned High Honors
- Andrea Butler of Sudbury earned Honors
- Shannon Connelly of Sudbury earned Honors
- Anna Forman of Sudbury earned Honors
- Brenton Jones of Sudbury earned High Honors
- Julia Pheifer of Sudbury earned Highest Honors
- Jessica Roth of Sudbury earned Honors
- Anna Skedros of Sudbury earned Honors
Students named to the Dean's List at the University of New Hampshire have earned recognition through their superior scholastic performance. Highest Honors are awarded to students who earn a semester grade point average of 3.85 or better out of a possible 4.0. Students with a 3.65 to 3.84 average are awarded high honors and students whose grade point average is 3.5 through 3.64 are awarded honors.
2. Benjamin Hilf of Sudbury and a student at the prestigious Pratt Institute was among more than 1,100 students who made the Dean's List in the Fall 2013 semester.
3. Open Burning permits are available at Fire Headquarters at 77 Hudson Road. Open burning is regulated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Permits are issued Jan 1 of each year. Sudbury residents may conduct open burning from Jan. 15 to May 1. Rules and regulations are printed on the permit that is issued.
You can register for daily burning online at http://sudbury.ma.us/burn or by telephone at 978-579-2134. Make sure that you have your permit number available before registering.
4. In case you missed it: Sudbury Angels Annual Book Drive.
Saturday: Windy with mainly cloudy skies. Temps from 32-37. Evening snow showers likely. Coating-2" possible.
Sunday: Sun & clouds. Cold again with highs from 20-25.