The forum will be at the Wayland Middle School, 201 Main St. in Wayland, from 2-4 p.m. It is free and open to the public.
Ten candidates have qualified for the ballot in the Democratic and Republican primary election, which is scheduled for Tuesday, October 15th. The final election for the Congressional seat will be December 10th.
The Fifth Congressional District had been represented by Edward Markey, and the seat became vacant when Markey was elected to the U.S. Senate in June.
The League will have all the candidates on stage together, answering the same questions.
Candidates on the Democratic primary ballot are William Brownsberger, Katherine Clark, Peter Koutoujian, Martin Long, Paul John Maisano, Carl Sciortino and Karen Spilka .
Candidates on the Republican primary ballot are Frank Addivinola, Michael Stopa and Tom Tierney.
Voters enrolled in the Democratic or Republican parties may vote using their party’s ballot. Unenrolled voters may choose either ballot in the primary election.
The deadline to register to vote in the primary election is September 25th; the deadline to register to vote in the general election is November 20th.
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization and does not support or oppose any political party or candidate.
2. Absentee Ballot Applications are available at the Town Clerk's office for the Special State Primaries for the 5th Congressional District representing Subprecinct 1A and Precincts 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Voters in Precinct 1 are not eligible to participate in this election. Precinct 1 is part of the 3rd Congressional District, currently represented by Nicola S. Tsongas.
Voters may click on the link below to print out an Absentee Ballot Application or come into the Town Clerk's office at the Town Hall, 322 Concord Rd, 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM, to fill out an application.
3. In order for your child to come to Teen Center events, parents must create an online account and “purchase” (for free) a Teen Center Membership. The teen’s ID cards will be disseminated in the fall at school.
REGISTRATION AND MEMBERSHIP Log In - NEW! - We have implemented a new saved family account option for our users. This allows users to save all of their family members information and then choose the participant from the drop down list when registering for programs or purchasing memberships.
Sudbury Park & Recreation Participant Set-Up
- You should see a “Login” button in the upper right hand corner of our online Registration Homepage … Click it!
- Click “I would like to create a new account.” Please use the same email address that you most often use. If you’ve set up an account in the past using this email address, the system will find your account. If it can find a match for that email address follow the steps below, if not, keep trying with other email addresses you may have used. You may create a new account if you have not done so in the past.
- If you’ve forgotten your login password, you will see “Click Here to Reset and Retrieve Password.” A temporary password will be sent to your email account. Use this to log in and then you will automatically be asked to create a new password. This new password will need to be 8 characters long and include numbers and letters.
- Once you have a new password, you will have to click “Login” again to access to your account. You will be brought back to our start page but now it will “WELCOME” you with your name (or the name of the family member).
- Once logged in, select “membership” at the top of the page
- Select “buy a new membership” **NOTE: Teen Center Memberships are free.
- Select the type of membership Teen Center (7th Grade 14/15) or Teen Center (8th Grade 13/14) These dates denote the year your child will graduate 8th grade.
- MAKE SURE YOUR TEEN’S NAME IS CHECKED OFF ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE NEXT TO MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES
- Proceed to the checkout and finalize your transaction. You will see your receipt once the transaction is finalized.
**If a participant comes to teen center without a membership, parents will have to come to teen center and fill it out that night. Kids will not be allowed in without this membership.
Questions? Contact Jessica email@example.com or at 978-639-3227.
4. The Sudbury Housing Authority meeting scheduled on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. has been cancelled.
The Sudbury Housing Authority will meet on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Building, 55 Hudson road, Sudbury, MA 01776.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy start with a passing shower, otherwise milder with some breaks of afternoon sun. More humid with temps from 75-80.
Wednesday: Summer makes a comeback! Hazy sunshine, hot and humid with high in the lower 90s!
Thursday: Warm & muggy with scattered t-storms after 4pm--including the Patriots home opener at night. Highs in the low to mid 80s.