You can register for daily burning online at http://sudbury.ma.us/burn or by telephone at 978-579-2134. Make sure that you have your permit number available before registering.
Call the fire station with any questions at 978-443-2239
Once a permit is received, it is valid for one entire season but may be revoked if all laws stated in MGL 148, 527 CMR are not abided by. Such burning laws include:
- You may burn brush only. No leaves, trash, tires, hay, etc. is permitted.
- The fire must be kept at least 75 feet from all dwellings.
- A water source must be present and accessible at all times while burning.
- Tools, such as a shovel or rake, should be kept near-by.
- Burning of brush for commercial land clearing is prohibited.
- An adult must tend to the fire at all times.
- Fires are only permitted during the dates and times mentioned above.
- All types of accelerates are prohibited
- Open burning must be conducted without nuisance to abutters.
3. The Lincoln-Sudbury Invisible Children group will be sponsoring the third annual hypnosis show with hypnotist Dan Candell on Saturday, Jan. 18 at 7 p.m. in the L-S Auditorium. Tickets are $10 at the door and will be sold for $8 presale for students the week of the event.
Proceeds from the show will be donated to the Invisible Children Organization to aid refugees and victims in central African nations affected by the actions of wanted war criminal Joseph Kony and the Lordís Resistance Army.
4. In case you missed it: Map: Which Parts of Sudbury Are Newly Rich?
Thursday: Mainly cloudy skies and a bit cooler with temps in the lower 40s for high temps.
Friday: Morning sun then clouds increasing by afternoon. Highs in the low 40s.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy skies with a few flurries. Highs 35-40.