1. North Shore Community College alum Anh Dao Tran Moseman of Sudbury became the newest benefactor to the NSCC Foundation Scholarship Program by initiating two scholarships in honor of her family to support NSCC students.
Starting in 2014, the Uncommon Leader Scholarship Fund will benefit students in engineering science transfer, pre-engineering, English as a second language, Bridges to the Stars and Health Professions programs.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate at least one of the following characteristics including, leadership in difficult times, perseverance despite the odds, courage to stand up for their beliefs,commitment to community service and willingness to overcome barriers to pursue success in higher education.
The Tran Phan family came to the United States in 1985 as refugees from Vietnam, under the sponsorship of the Holy Trinity Methodist Church in Danvers.
2. Sudbury native Anne Mayer, a junior at Westminster School in Simsbury, Conn., earned honors for the fall 2013 academic term.
This is the fifth time Mayer has been recognized for academic achievements at Westminster.
3. Upcoming public hearings:
- Public Hearing - Earth Removal Board Monday, Dec. 16,
- Public Hearing- Board Of Selectmen Tuesday Dec. 17, 8 p.m.
Thursday: Very cold with highs from 23-28 (normal high is 43). Sunny skies.
Friday: Clouds & sun with a few passing flurries---that's an arctic front---with temps in the low 30s.
Saturday: Cloudy with patchy light snow & flurries...some accumulation likely--especially along the coast. Steadier/heavier snow arrives after dark. Plowable snow likely with a changeover to rain downtown Boston & South Shore after midnight. Daytime temps near 30.