The award recognizes and honors an individual who has rendered significant service to the inclusion process. The awards highlight the efforts in providing inclusive opportunities to children, youth, and adults with disabilities. NRPA will present the award publicly at a special reception at the association’s 2012 Congress & Exposition in Anaheim, Calif. on Oct. 17.
Each year, NRPA National Awards are presented to individuals and agencies across the U.S. to honor their efforts—both professional and personal—in the field of parks and recreation. Recipients are selected from a pool of applicants by NRPA’s National Forum Awards Committee, and are chosen for excellence in a variety of topics, including professional and voluntary service, programming, leadership, research and public outreach.
2. Pursuant to Section 7 of Chapter 40 of the Acts and Resolves of Massachusetts, 1963, the Sudbury Historic Districts Commission will hold a public hearing on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:30 p.m. in the Flynn Building, Silva Conference Room, 2nd floor, 278 Old Sudbury Road, Sudbury, Massachusetts to consider the following applications:
- Removal and replacement of c. 1964 windows, storm windows, trim, and sills at the St. Elizabeth’s Church Rectory at 451 Concord Road, (Assessor’s Map G10, Parcel 0003), applicant St. Elizabeth’s Sudbury, Case #13-20.
- Partial demolition of a glass and metal greenhouse including removal of asbestos and lead paint at 18 Wolbach Road, (Assessor’s Map H11, Parcel 0100), applicant Sudbury Valley Trustees, Case #13-21.
The applications are on file in the Office of Planning and Community Development and may be reviewed during regular business hours. Any person interested, or wishing to be heard on the proposed applications, should appear at the time and place designated.
3. The Town of Sudbury is seeking an assistant planner. For more information about the position, click here.
4. In case you missed it: Black Bear Spotted on Concord Road in Sudbury.
Tuesday: Cloudy skies early with some sun by afternoon. Breezy north wind with highs from 40-45.
Wednesday: Partly sunny. Upper 40s.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy & warm. A few rain showers likely. Highs near 50.