- Alain Fanfan
UMass Dartmouth is a 9,500-student, 45,000-alumni campus that prides itself in connecting student learning to discovery and civic engagement, preparing graduates to shape the social and economic fabric of their communities.
2. The Fairbank Community Center consists of the Sudbury Senior Center, the Sudbury Park and Recreation Department, the Atkinson Pool and the Sudbury Public School’s Administration offices.
Recognizing that parts of the Fairbank Community Center roof are in serious disrepair and that both the Sudbury Senior Center and the Sudbury Park and Recreation Department are experiencing serious growing pains and really need additional space for their programming; the Town of Sudbury created the Fairbank Community Center Task Force. On the advice of the Fairbank Community Center Task Force, the Town of Sudbury hired architectural firm BH+A Architects to assess the building’s integrity, current use, projected future use and adaptability to either renovation or expansion.
The Fairbank Community Center Task Force is holding a Public Forum for Sudbury residents to learn more about the architect’s preliminary findings, ask questions and provide the Task Force with input.
The Fairbank Center Public Forum is at the Sudbury Senior Center, 40 Fairbank Road, on Thursday, Feb. 13 at 7:30 p.m. Call the Senior Center for more information, or with questions at 978-443-3055.
- For a Certificate of Appropriateness for the construction a new Police Station, 77 Hudson Road, (Assessor’s Map G08, Parcel 0008), applicant Permanent Building Committee, Case #14-1.
- For a Certificate of Appropriateness for enclosure of ground-level HVAC restaurant equipment at 29 Hudson Road, (Assessor’s Map H09, Parcel 0002), applicant Chris Vozikis, Case #14-2.
- For a Certificate of Appropriateness for construction of a one-story addition on the rear of an existing house for a new kitchen and family room, an extension of existing garage and construction of new mudroom, and construction of a new patio at grade at rear of addition at 64 Robert Best Road, (Assessor’s Map J05, Parcel 0360), applicants Susan and Marc Ohler, Case #14-3.
- For a Certificate of Appropriateness for Alteration of existing business signs by changing the business name and the addition of two awing signs along the façade facing Route 20, 365 Boston Post Road, (Assessor’s Map K08, Parcel 0026), applicant Fast Signs, Case #14-4.
The applications are on file in the Office of Planning and Community Development and may be reviewed during regular business hours. Any person interested, or wishing to be heard on the proposed applications, should appear at the time and place designated.
4. In case you missed it: Sudbury Board of Selectman to recognize Sudbury's National cheer team.
Tuesday: Sun & clouds. Cold again with highs in the upper teens.
Wednesday: Cold again,near 25 with mostly cloudy skies.
Thursday: Mostly sunny. Decent with temps from 30-35.