1. Two Sudbury residents were recently named to the dean's list at the University of Massachusetts Lowell for the spring 2013 semester.
Among those recognized for achieving academic distinction at UMass Lowell were:
- Gabriella Mastrogiuseppe, majoring in mechanical engineering;
- Andrew Richard, majoring in business administration.
3. The Wayside Inn is hosting a New England Clam Bake on Sept. 6 from 6-8 p.m. under the tent. Cost is $65.
4. HOPEsudbury and First Parish of Sudbury are collecting backpacks and school supplies for homeless children living at Mary’s House in Waltham and for Sudbury youth.
New backpacks and new school supplies are welcomed. Notebooks, binders, paper, pencils, pens, calculators, dividers, pencil cases, book covers and other new supplies are gratefully accepted.
Until Aug. 30, donation bins will be located conveniently at First Parish of Sudbury (327 Concord Road), the Grange Hall ( 326 Concord Road), the Sudbury Town Flynn Building ( 278 Old Sudbury Road -Route 27), the Goodnow Library, the Longfellow Club and the Longfellow Children’s Center (524 Boston Post Road in Wayland).
From Sept. 1-30, donation bins will be at all of the locations except Goodnow Library.
This is the tenth year HOPEsudbury and First Parish have collaborated on the annual backpack drive. “These backpacks and supplies make a tremendous difference for these children being prepared for school every day. Thank you to all who so selflessly contribute every year!” commented HOPEsudbury board member Carole Ann Baer.
For more information on the backpack drive, call Carole Ann Baer at 978-443-6684.
Tuesday: Sun & clouds, warm & somewhat humid. Warmer with highs from 83-87.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny and hot with highs from 85-90. Humidity up a bit, but not oppressive.
Thursday: Sunny skies & more humid. Highs in the lower 90s. Late day t-storm possible.