- Amanda Nelson is studying finance in the Villanova School of Business.
- Rachel Hronicek is studying management information systems in the Villanova School of Business.
- Jennifer Bleck is pursuing a bachelor's degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Dennis Cakert is studying economics in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Hannah Egan is studying global interdisciplinary studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Charles Wilson is pursuing a bachelor's degree in the College of Engineering.
- Alex Castagna is pursuing a bachelor's degree in the College of Engineering.
Villanova University Dean's List recipients are honored by their college's respective dean. To qualify, one must be a matriculated full-time student and earn a semester grade point average of at least 3.5.The College of Nursing requires students to earn at least a 3.5 for the academic year.
2. HOPEsudbury is hosting its 10th annual Backpack Drive in partnership with First Parish of Sudbury. The local charitable organization is collecting new backpacks plus:
- pencil cases
- lunch boxes and more.
This drive will benefit Mary's House, a shelter for homeless children, and Sudbury youth.
Drop-off locations (Aug. 8-30):
- Goodnow Library
- The Flynn Building
- Performing Arts Connection
- Longfellow Club.
Drop-off location (Sept. 1-30):
- First Parish of Sudbury.
3. Join the Sudbury Cooperative Preschool for its Summer Open House on Tuesday, Aug. 13, from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Come tour the school and meet some of the teachers. Story time for children is at 10 a.m.
4. Lincoln-Sudbury fall sports tryout times:
- Volleyball Thursday Aug 22 - 9th grade at 12:30 pm and 10th-12th grade at 3 pm
- Field Hockey V/JV Aug 22nd at 8 am - 9th grade on Tuesday Aug 27 at 3 pm.
- Boys Soccer V/JV Thursday Aug 22 8 am – 9th grade on Monday Aug. 26 at 3 pm
- Football Thursday Aug 15 equipment issue – First practice Monday Aug 19th 9:00 10-12th grade (9th welcome) Tuesday Aug 27 official start for 9th grade
- Girls Soccer V/JV Thursday Aug 22 9:30am – 9th grade on Tuesday Aug 27th at 3:00
- Girls Cross Country Thursday Aug 22 9:00am
- Competitive Cheer Thursday Aug 22 7:00am
- Boys Cross Country Monday Aug. 26 10:00am
- Golf Sunday August 25th and Monday Aug. 26 – Time TBA
Tuesday: Mainly cloudy skies & scattered showers and storms most widespread in the afternoon and evening. Highs held in the 70s.
Wednesday: Back into the sunshine and comfortable air! Highs in the upper 70s.
Thursday: Fantastic summer day with mainly sunny skies. Low humidity for the day. Highs in the upper 70s.