It will be televised live with questions and comments welcomed from those in attendance and from those at home via email. Residents can email questions in advance at any time up until 5:00 pm on the day of the meeting.
If they are watching from home, they may also email questions during the Forum which will be delivered to the moderator. The email address is: email@example.com. Be sure to put “Town Forum” and the name of the topic you wish to address on the subject line of your email.
The Forum will address the FY14 Goals voted by the Board of Selectmen in the Fall. Each goal will be presented by one of the Selectmen to be followed by lots of questions and comments from the live audience and from viewers at home (via email).
A copy of the goals can be found here or you can paste http://sudbury.ma.us/documents/download.asp?id=9287 into your web browser.
The order of presentation will be:
- Police Station
- Capital Funding Plan
- Sewer Project
- Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
- Melone Property
- Town Counsel Selection
- Fairbank Center Project
- Minuteman High School Regional Agreement
- Mass Central Line Rail Trail
- Health Trust Fund and OPEB (retiree healthcare liability)
- CSX Property
- Davis Field Plans
- Lincoln Sudbury Playing Fields Inter-Municipal Agreement
Fleming’s first book, The Saturday Boy, was published in 2013 and has received wonderful reviews including a starred review from The Horn Book.
Fleming will read from his book and then answer questions. Barnes and Noble will be selling the book and refreshments will be served. Admission is free.
This program is sponsored by The Friends of the Goodnow Library with assistance from the Goodnow Library Foundation.
For more information, call 978-443-1035, or visit goodnowlibrary.org.
3. Giorgio's Taekwon-Do is hosting a tournament on Jan. 25 at 12:30 p.m. The tournament includes jumping, patterns and breaking for kids younger than 13. There will also be a group pattern competition for kids older than 14 and adults.
For more information, contract Giorgio's at 781-440-8531 or go to http://www.giorgiofit.com/tournaments.
4. In case you missed it: Sudbury Angels Annual Book Drive.
Friday: Sunshine gives way to clouds by afternoon. Highs from 15-20.
Saturday: Bit "milder". Mid 30s with a few snow showers and mostly cloudy skies.