- Sections 1 – 4 offer important updates regarding all funds, key budget drivers and current outlook;
- Sections 5 – 12 provide detailed data on the appropriated FY14 budgets and comparisons to the prior three fiscal years;
- Section 7 contains new references to Sudbury’s evolving Strategic Financial Plan;
- Section 13 contains useful demographic data, an update to Sudbury’s Capital Budgeting and Planning Policy, and a snapshot list of recently completed Selectmen’s Goals.
The document represents one of the Town’s most important obligations to be as transparent and comprehensive as possible to its residents as to: why the level of financial resources is needed each year, and what is accomplished with those resources; who is responsible for delivering those services, and where do we see our greatest strengths and challenges now and in the future.
2. The Board of Selectmen invite residents to comment on the draft Citizen’s Comment procedure. Please review the draft procedure by clicking here and send any comments or suggestions to Selectmen@sudbury.ma.us. Comments must be received by noon on Thursday, Sept. 12.
The Board will schedule a discussion and vote on the final procedure at their regular meeting on Sept. 17.
3. New health program available this fall: Healthy young bodies is an innovative workshop providing nutrition education for parents. The workshop will be broken down into 3 seminars that include how to speak to your child about nutrition, how to make healthy food fun to eat (includes recipes and refreshments), essential eating habits that are commonly forgotten, and special nutritional needs for athletes, vegetarians or those with weight concerns. Shari Solomon holds a masters degree in holistic nutrition and is a member of AANC.
- DAY: Mondays
- TIME: 7-8 PM
- DATES: Sept 23-Oct 21
- COST: $98
- WHERE: H2K Studio, 730 Boston Post Road
- Instructed by Shari Solomon
- DAY: Tuesday
- TIME: 9:15-10:15 AM
- SESSION 1: Sept 24 - Oct 29
- SESSION 2: Nov 5 - Dec 10
- COST: $132
- Instructed by Marci Zieff
Friday: Sun and clouds, pop-up shower or storm, only 20% chance. Highs in the lower 80s.
Saturday: Super!! Sunny. Near 80 for most, mid 70s coast.
Sunday: Fantastic with mostly sunny skies. Highs in the low 80s - again "cooler" upper 70s coast.