The National Weather Service is calling for cold temperatures this week.
Here are some tips, courtesy of the National Weather Service, to keep in mind during this Arctic cold.
- Minimize outdoor activities, especially for the elderly and very young.
- Dress in several layers of loose-fitting clothing rather than a single layer of heavy clothing.
- Wear a hat, mittens and waterproof boots. Cover your mouth with a scarf to protect your lungs.
- When using heating sources such as fireplaces, wood stoves and space heaters, be sure to ventilate them correctly.
- Test smoke alarms and keep carbon monoxide detectors handy.
- Bring pets out of the cold. Don't assume they can handle the cold. If you are not warm, they are not either.