Monday: Clouds thicken early, a bit of sleet and freezing rain away from the coastline mid-late morning, then all rain for the afternoon. Around 1/2" of rain. Low 40s.
Tuesday: Partly sunny. Low 40s.
Wednesday: Partly sunny. Mid 30s.
2. ART EXHIBITION: Acton Coffee House is proud to present an art exhibit featuring the work of Jonathan Smith and Cynthia Katz, Jan. 23-March 23, 2013. Their work is displayed at the coffee house during the normal coffee shop hours.
3. 'LISTEN TO YOUR HEART': February is National Heart Month. The U.S Health and Human Services Department is leading a campaign entitled "Listen to your heart." Today at noon at the Sudbury Senior Center located on Fairbanks Road, Parmenter will present a Listen to Your Heart Program. Phyllis Schilp, Parmenter's Sudbury Board of Health Nurse will present a Heart Health community education program. Phyllis will also be available to answer your health questions.
To learn more about Listen to your heart click: http://www.hhs.gov/news/healthbeat/2013/02/20130204a.html
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is Make a Friend Day. Make a Friend Day is a great opportunity to meet someone new, or do something to make a new friend. Making a new friend can be easier to do than you think. There must be a gadzillion ways to make new friends. It often helps by smiling and just being friendly or helpful.
- 1970 — Japan became the fourth country to put a satellite into orbit.
- 1979 — Ayatollah Khomeini's followers seized control of the Iran government.
- 1989 — The Episcopal Church Boston diocese consecrated Barbara Harris as the church's first woman bishop.
- 1990 — South African resistance leader, Nelson Mandela, was released from prison after more than 27 years.
- 2011 — As a result of the Arab Spring protests, Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak announces his resignation and hands power of the country over to the military.
- 2012 — Pop star Whitney Houston died at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles, the night before the annual Grammy Awards.