Wednesday: Sunshine followed by increasing clouds through the day. Light snow arrives late in the evening(after 11pm). Highs near 40.
Thursday: Some early snow along & south of the MA Pike ... it will taper to flurries by 9am. Becoming partly sunny through the day. Highs in the upper 30s.
Friday: Near 40 with partly sunny skies.
2. FREE PUBLIC EVENT ON BREASTFEEDING: Come learn helpful tips about breastfeeding basics. Michelle Stolow, a lactation consultant and other experts will discuss a range of important breastfeeding topics, including common challenges for Moms, how to make the most of your time in the hospital and what to expect if you're staying at home or planning to go back to work.
Call Acton Pharmacy to reserve your seat. Lecture begins at 7 p.m.
3. A TASTE OF HOLLAND: Ready for a touch of spring? Come to Goodnow Library at 9:45 a.m. as Adriana O’Sullivan takes you on a tour of Keukenhof, the largest spring-flowering bulb display in the world. Her colorful slide presentation highlights picturesque Holland and includes Dutch bulbs, gardens, architecture, history and art.
Refreshments will be served at 9:45 prior to the program which begins at 10:15 a.m. The public is welcome to attend free of charge. For more information, visit www.sudburygardenclub.org.
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is Get a Different Name Day. Get a Different Name Day is is for those who are not fond of the name given to them. At birth, we are given a first name, a middle name and a last name. It wasn't our choosing. Rather, our parents bestowed it upon us. If you like your name, good for you. If not, then today is for you.
- 1866 — The gang that included Jesse James and Cole Younger committed their first bank robbery in Liberty, Mo.
- 1935 — Bruno Hauptmann was found guilty of murder in the Lindbergh kidnapping case.
- 1960 — France exploded its first atomic bomb.
- 1974 — Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, who won the 1970 Nobel Prize for literature, was deported from the Soviet Union.
- 2002 — The French judge was accused of throwing the pairs skating decision to the Russians at the Olympics.