Tuesday: Morning sun fades and rain showers arrive in the afternoon. A few sleet pellets are likely north of the MA Pike/west of I-495.
Wednesday: Clearing and colder. Highs near 30. Windy again---northwest wind 15-25mph
Thursday: Sunny, windy and cold. Highs near 30.
2. PROGRAM FOR PARENTS: The National Alliance on Mental Illness offer a free 7-week class on behavioral and emotional problems with children specially designed for parents/caregivers of children whose challenges were identified before the age of 13. The program will help families cope with the impact these disorders have on their child and the entire family. The course is peer-led, meaning that the trained teachers are themselves parents/caregivers of children living with these disorders. The structure creates an intimacy that few programs possess and sebsequently, a program now whose capacities are unparalleled.
Class will be held at Faith Evangelical Free Church in Acton at 7 p.m. from Feb 26 - April 9.
Registration is required. Call Judy at 978-264-4291 or Dee at 978-697-3441, or email Dee at email@example.com.
3. CHINESE NEW YEAR LION DANCE: Sudbury Cooperative Preschool will host local children and their parents for a Lion Dance performance by traditional dance troupe the Boston Chinese Freemasons. Admission is free with a food pantry item donation.
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is National Chocolate Mint Day. Chocolate Mint Day celebrates anything and everything that is chocolate mint flavored. The most common chocolate mint treats are ice cream, candies, and desserts.
- 1807 — Aaron Burr, vice president under Thomas Jefferson, was arrested for treason. He was later acquitted.
- 1878 — Thomas Edison patented the gramophone (phonograph).
- 1942 — President Franklin Roosevelt signed an executive order that resulted in the internment of thousands of Japanese-Americans living on the West Coast.
- 1945 — The U.S. Marines went ashore at Iwo Jima.
- 1968 — The first nationwide broadcast of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood aired on PBS.
- 2008 — Fidel Castro resigned as President of Cuba after 49 years in power. Raúl Castro, Fidel's brother, succeeded him as president.