Thursday: Raw with scattered rain showers. Highs in the low 40s.
Friday: Mostly cloudy. Few early showers. Low 40s.
Saturday: Seasonable, not a bad day. Highs in the upper 30s.
- Meteorological spring takes place during March, April, and May
- Meteorological summer takes place during June, July, and August
- Meteorological autumn takes place during September, October, and November
- Meteorological winter takes place during December, January, and February.
3. HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO TRY YOGA: You will be introduced to basic poses, breath awareness, and the concept of deep relaxation. Classes move at a comfortable pace exploring each pose while gradually and gently gaining flexibility and strength. Come as you are and enjoy the benefits of stretching and strengthening. Class will end with a 10-minute deep relaxation that will give you a feeling of serenity and rejuvenation.
Classes are held at Exchange Hall in Acton at 6:30 p.m.
Minimum class size is required due to rental agreement, so contact Linda Peterson at 508-826-2483 for information.
- Per Class $ 12
- 5 Class Pass $ 55
- 10 Class Pass $ 100
- 20 Class Pass $ 180
4. ODD HOLIDAYS HELD TODAY: Today is National Tooth Fairy Day. Losing baby teeth is a sometimes traumatic experience for young children. Enter the world of the friendly, smiling and soothing Tooth Fairy. As a young child's first baby tooth becomes lose, the child often fears losing it. The promise of a visit from the tooth fairy and a gift, turns the occasion into something to look forward to. When the tooth finally falls out, mom cleans it off. It is often put it into a "tooth box." At bedtime, the child puts the tooth under his pillow. The tooth fairy comes after the child falls asleep. She takes the tooth and leaves a small gift, usually money. The tooth fairy leaves a gift every time the child loses a tooth.
- 1784 — John Wesley issues “Deed of Declaration” formally establishing the Methodist Church.
- 1849 — The steamship California landed in San Francisco, bringing the first East Coasters to the Gold Rush.
- 1916 — Henry James, American novelist and critic, died.
- 1983 — The final episode of M*A*S*H aired. It was the most watched television program in history.
- 1993 — Four federal agents were killed in Waco, Texas, after they tried to serve an arrest warrant for weapons charges on Branch Davidian sect leader David Koresh, starting a 51-day standoff.