Tuesday: Mostly sunny and cold. Light winds. Highs near 30.
Wednesday: Partly sunny skies. Cold fades a bit by afternoon. Highs in the mid 30s.
Thursday: A nice day with sunshine and a few clouds, mid to upper 30s.
2. PRESCHOOL OPEN HOUSE: Mt. Calvary Christian School has begun registration for the 2013-2014 school year. Perspective families are invited to tour of the facility from 9:30-11 a.m. at 472 Massachusetts Ave, Acton. For more information, contact Karen Roop at 978-263-0337 or at email@example.com.
3. BRIGHT HORIZONS SHOWCASE: The Showcase event is an opportunity for you and your child to explore the preschool and pre-kindergarten programs. Families that are new to Bright Horizons are invited to attend to learn more about the programs. RSVP to this event at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-440-7817.
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is National Weatherman's Day. National Weatherman's Day honors weathermen and woman who work hard to accurately predict the often fickle weather. According to the Air Force News, Weatherman's Day "commemorates the birth of John Jeffries, one of America's first weathermen." Jeffries was born on Feb 5, 1744. He kept weather records from 1774 to 1816.
- 1917 — Congress passed the Immigration Act, which restricted Asian immigration, over President Wilson's veto.
- 1917 — Mexico adopted its present constitution.
- 1937 — FDR proposed increasing the number of Supreme Court justices—"packing" the court.
- 1994 — Byron De La Beckwith was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Medgar Evers, 30 years after the crime in Jackson, Mississippi.
- 1997 — Under international pressure, three of Switzerland's biggest banks created a fund worth 100 million Swiss francs for Holocaust victims and their families.