Thursday: Early sun then becoming cloudy. Highs from 25-30.
Friday: This one is for you snow lovers. Patchy light snow/flurries by 9am, becoming steadier/heavier by 4pm. Poor travel expected Friday afternoon-night. Highs from 27-33. Northeast wind 15-35mph.
Saturday: Snow slowly ramps down! Early snow tapers to flurries by mid/late afternoon. Blustery & cold with highs in the low 20s - at best. Storm totals approach 16-24" in many areas including Boston.
2. KITCHEN WORKS OPEN HOUSE: Join The Kitchen Works at 69 Great Road, Acton, for an open house with our staff. Visit for the first time or reconnect while exploring the showroom updates. A great opportunity for contractors and homeowners to connect, and contractors are encourged to bring clients. Drinks and light refreshments will be served. Open house begins at 4 p.m.
3. UNDERGROUND RAILROAD DISCUSSION: The Sudbury Villagers Club's next meeting will be held today at Sudbury's Goodnow Library Community Room at 9:30 am. The meeting will start with refreshments and Maxine Yarbrough, a longtime Sudbury resident, will speak at 10 am on the Underground Railroad in Sudbury.
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is Send a Card to a Friend Day. Send a Card to a Friend Day is a great chance to get in touch with a friend. We all lead busy lives. It's easy to let a friendship or two lapse, as we try to shuffle kids to and from events. It's hard to stay in touch, when workload demands eat up countless hours. Today is the perfect chance to send card to a friend. A paper card, or an Ecard, is just fine. You may likely find an Ecard is quicker and easier. And, you will save on postage, too.
- 1795 — The 11th Amendment to the Constitution was ratified.
- 1926 — Carter G. Woodson founded Negro History Week, which later evolved into Black History Month.
- 1964 — The Beatles arrived in the U.S. for the first time.
- 1990 — The Communist Party of the Soviet Union allowed other parties to compete for power.