Wednesday: Light snow & coastal light rain for much of the day. Precipitation ends between 2-4pm. *Special Map* in the maps section details snowfall potential. Highs from 30-35. East to north wind 4-9mph.
Thursday: Clouds & sun. Midday temps up near 40 but they will fall back into the low 30s by late afternoon. Increasing northwest wind 10-20mph.
Friday: Cold start, mostly sunny. Highs upper 20s to 30.
2. CLASSIC COMEDY FILMS: Tonight's movie is A Day at the Races starring the Marx Brothers. A brief discussion will follow the film. Showing begins at 7 p.m. at Acton Memorial Library and is free to the public.
3. SEMINAR ON GUN VIOLENCE IN AMERICA: Seminar will be held at 7 p.m. at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School. Featured Speakers:
- Dr. David Hemenway, a nationally renowned expert on gun violence and the author of Private Guns, Public Health. He is a professor at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Dr. Michael Hirsh, acting Commissioner of Public Health for the City of Worcester, Pediatric Trauma Surgeon at UMass and champion of a successful gun buyback program in MA.
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is National Nothing Day. Today is quite simply... a day for nothing. This day is an "un-event." The expectation is that we do not create or otherwise promote this day. In other words, we do nothing. And, to say anything more would contradict the purpose of this day. Celebrate this day by doing ... nothing. Of course, that assumes that doing nothing is okay with your boss.
5. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1883 — The U.S. Civil Service Commission established; 1920 — A year after it was ratified, the 18th Amendment to the Constitution, prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages, went into effect; 1991 — Operation Desert Storm was announced by the White House; 1992 — The El Salvador government signed a peace treaty with guerrilla forces, formally ending 12 years of civil war; 2003 — Space shuttle Columbia blasted off on what would be its final mission. The craft broke up on its descent on Feb. 1, killing all on board.