Thursday: Still mighty cold despite all sorts of sunshine. Highs from 15-20. Wind chills from -5 to +5.
Friday: Clouds move in with a chance of afternoon & evening snow. Coating to an inch possible Boston area. 1-3" *possible* south shore/cape/islands at night. Daytime highs in the low 20s.
Saturday: Morning clouds & some snow, then quickly becoming sunny. Highs in the mid 20s. North wind 10-23mph.
2. EVER WANTED TO TAKE UP YOGA?: You will be introduced to basic poses, breath awareness, and the concept of deep relaxation in this class at 6:30 p.m. at Exchange Hall in Acton. Come as you are and enjoy the benefits of stretching and strengthening. Class will end with a 10-minute deep relaxation that will give you a feeling of serenity and rejuvenation. Click here for more information.
3. MEET STATE REP. CONROY: State Rep. Tom Conroy has announced his local office hours in Marlborough, Sudbury, and Wayland for the month of January.
Constituents are encouraged to come meet Conroy, share their views on relevant topics, and bring important issues to the Representative’s attention.
No appointments are necessary and meetings are held on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Office hours and locations for Friday, Jan. 25 are as follows:
- 1:00 - 1:30 pm – Marlborough Public Library, 35 West Main Street, Bigelow Auditorium
- 2:00 - 2:30 pm – Goodnow Library, 21 Concord Road, Sudbury - Small meeting room, 2nd floor
- 3:00 - 3:30 pm - Wayland Public Library, 5 Concord Road, Raytheon Room
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is Beer Can Appreciation Day. Beer Can Appreciation Day celebrates that great day in 1935 when beer was first sold in cans. OK, laugh if you will. But, believe me when I say that Beer Can Appreciation Day is a big and important day to many people. A lot of people do not know that there's a huge number of beer can collectors out there. Collectors meticulously open a beer can from the bottom, empty it (and drink the beer, of course), then wash and dry it. For beer can collectors, there is no shortage of types of beer, cans and bottles, and sizes. A beer can collector may have hundreds of cans and bottles.
5. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1848 — Gold was first discovered in California, in Sutter's mill. When President Polk announced the news in December, the gold rush began; 1908 — Robert Baden-Powell organized the first Boy Scout troop in England; 1943 — The Casablanca Conference with Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill concluded; 1965 — Winston Churchill died in London at age 90; 1972 — Japanese soldier Shoichi Yokoi was discovered in Guam, having spent 28 years hiding in the jungle thinking World War II was still going on; 1986 — Voyager Two space probe passes within 51,000 miles of Uranus; 1993 — The first African-American to sit on the Supreme Court, Thurgood Marshall, died; 2003 — The Department of Homeland Security, under Tom Ridge, became a cabinet department.