Friday: Early sun, then clouds move in with a chance of Patchy light snow/ flurries by late day. Daytime highs in the low 20s.
Saturday: Morning flurries otherwise partial clearing through the day. See Special Map below for amounts. Highs in the mid 20s. North wind 10-23mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Early morning temps in the single numbers with afternoon highs in the upper 20s.
2. LEARNING CENTER OPEN HOUSE: The Congregation Beth Elohim Early Learning Center (CBE ELC) will be holding an open house with tours on Friday, January 25th from 10-11am. See our facility in action, meet teachers, and learn more about the mission and vision of the preschool program.
CBE ELC is an early care and education program for children aged 15 months – 5 years. CBE ELC welcomes families of all faiths and cultures. We offer part-day and full-day programs, school year, full year, and summer program options. For more information or to schedule a tour at another time check out www.bethelohim.org/elc.html or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. CONROY HOLDS OFFICE HOURS TODAY: State Rep. Tom Conroy has scheduled his local office hours in Marlborough, Sudbury, and Wayland for the month of January.
Constituents are encouraged to come meet Conroy, share their views on relevant topics, and bring important issues to the Representative’s attention.
No appointments are necessary and meetings are held on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Office hours and locations for today are as follows:
- 1:00 - 1:30 pm – Marlborough Public Library, 35 West Main Street, Bigelow Auditorium
- 2:00 - 2:30 pm – Goodnow Library, 21 Concord Road, Sudbury - Small meeting room, 2nd floor
- 3:00 - 3:30 pm - Wayland Public Library, 5 Concord Road, Raytheon Room
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE TODAY: Today is Opposite Day. Opposite Day is a topsy, turvy day when everything you say, do, see, and hear are the opposite. If you say go left, you mean go right. If you say look up, it means look down. If you see your left foot...is it really your right?
Opposite Day can be a whole lot of fun. It can also be very, very confusing. This special day is celebrated primarily among school children. Sponge Bob Square Pants even got into the act, with an episode containing the whimsical nature of this day.
5. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1890 — Nellie Bly bested Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days by completing her circumnavigation in 72 days; 1890 — United Mine Workers of America was founded; 1915 — Alexander Graham Bell inaugurated transcontinental telephone service; 1924 — The first Winter Olympic games opened at Chamonix, France; 1961 — President John F. Kennedy held the first presidential news conference carried live on radio and television; 1971 — Charles Manson was found guilty of murdering Sharon Tate and six others.