1. FORECAST: Today — Sunny, with a high near 62; Tonight — Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.
2. JOIN OUR LIVESTREAMING DEBATE TONIGHT: Patch will livestream the Jamie Eldridge-Dean Cavaretta debate sponsored by Acton Patch and ActonTV, at 7:30 p.m. How can you watch? Visit Acton, or Sudbury Patch. and click on the livestream debate post. Of course, you can always watch the debate live on any ActonTV channel (Comcast Channels 8, 9 and 99 and Verizon Channels 40, 41 and 45).
3. SPS COMMITTEE MEETING: The Sudbury Public Schools Committee will hold its first meeting since Curtis Middle School Administrator Peter Fardig was placed on paid leave and a 51A report was filed for reasons still unknown. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. at Haynes Elementary School.
4. WHAT TO CELEBRATE: Edge Day is an unofficial holiday founded by people who associate themselves with the "straight edge" movement. The occasion is celebrated annually on Oct. 17, with 1999 the first year that the day was honored (the inaugural event was held in Boston under the name of "Edge Fest").
5. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1907 — The first commercial wireless telegraph is sent over the Atlantic Ocean; 1927 — With the increase in air mail traffic the post office is encouraging people to use the service more by making it easy with a flat rate of 10 cents for letters weighing less than 1/2 ounce to anywhere in the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom; 1931 — Gangster Al Capone is found guilty of income tax evasion. One week later he was sentenced to 11 years in prison and a fine of $50,000; 1933 — Dr. Albert Einstein and his wife fleeing from Nazi Germany arrive in Princeton, N.J., where he will continue his scientific work at the Institute of Advanced Study.