1. The worst of Hurricane Sandy is expected to last from 9 a.m. Monday until 2 a.m. Tuesday. Trees and power lines will likely be downed by winds upwards of 40 miles per hour.
2. Schools are closed today in Sudbury. A decision on whether to hold school on Tuesday will be announced likely Monday afternoon.
3. An emergency shelter opens at 8 a.m. today at the Fairbank Community Center. Town officials said cots will be available and those who need shelter should bring medications and essential items.
4. Sudbury town offices are closed for the day.
5. Here are some tips for weathering the storm from the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency.