(EDITOR'S NOTE: Top 5 stories, which will run from Dec. 17-21, were based on total page views as of Dec. 10.)
The community errupted on Feb. 17 after a drug arrest at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School was reported.
The confrontation between student Khalil Chambers and detectives Wayne Shurling and Stephanie Howe turned physical as Chambers began to fight with school officials and Howe.
Chambers, who lives at 71 Wildwood St., Boston, was charged with:
- Assault and battery on an officer
- Assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (door)
- Defacing property
- Resisting arrest
- Disturbing a school assembly
- Disorderly conduct
- Possession of a class D substance with intent to distribute
- Drug violation near a school.
Lincoln-Sudbury Superintendent/Principal Scott Carpenter said due to school policy he could not comment on whether Chambers was expelled.
"It’s sufficient to say the high school takes this quite seriously," he told Sudbury Patch.