Are you one who already has everything neatly piled and are a CPA's dream?
Or do you procrastinate, wait until the last minute and have papers, receipts and forms strewn through the house?
No matter which side of the fence you fall on, one thing is constant — you need to have your tax forms ready when it's time to file.
But where can one get those forms?
In this week's You Ask, Patch Answers feature, we've looked into where you can most easily access these forms.
According to the Town of Sudbury website, Goodnow Library has some of the most commonly needed tax forms. Any tax forms in stock will be located on the second floor.
Massachusetts: Individual and Families: other helpful links, including electronic filing and checking your return status
- Customer service: 617-887-MDOR or 800-392-6089 (toll free in Massachusetts) DOR's customer service call center hours for tax help are 10 am - 1 pm and 1:30 pm - 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
IRS: Filing and Payments: other helpful links, including electronic filing and Where's My Return?
- 1-800-829-3676 – If you need to order forms, publications, or instructions.
- 1-800-829-1040 – If you have tax questions regarding your personal income taxes.
- 1-877-777-4778 – The Taxpayer Advocate: If you have tax questions that you’re unable to resolve.
- 1-800-829-4477 – A collection of pre-recorded messages that cover a wide variety of tax topics.