1. GOVERNMENT: Energy and Sustainability Green Ribbon Committee meeting
The Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the
For the Committee's agenda, click here.
2. RELIGIOUS: New member open house
Congregation B’nai Torah is holding three events this fall to give potential new member families a chance to become familiar with the temple and its leadership:
- Aug. 21 at 7 p.m. - coffee and dessert
- Sept. 7 at 6:30 p.m. - Children’s Shabbat Service
- Sept. 14, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. barbecue; 7:30 p.m. - Family Shabbat Service.
3. HEALTH: Senior yoga
Join Leslie Worris, MPH, RYT-500 at 9:20 a.m. at the for a strengthening yet relaxing yoga class adapted to your needs. The final mini session is today. Register in advance.
4. CHARITABLE: Donation Drive for Children
has teamed up with "Cradles to Crayons" to host a donation drive to help support homeless children. How can you help? They will be accepting donations of new and gently-used children’s essentials, now through Aug. 30. A collection bin will be open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Below is a list of the items that can be accepted, along with the items that they are currently in critical need of:
- Clothing/Shoes/Boots: In critical need of boys size 5/6 pants.
- Toys/Baby Gear/New Baby Supplies: No stuffed animals, videos, or computer games please. There is a great need for toys appropriate for 9-10 year olds (ex: basketballs, soccer balls, games, etc).
- Books: Board books, picture books, easy readers, early chapter books, young adult books, foreign language books. (most needed: baby books ages 0-2)
- New Art, Crafts and School Supplies: Markers, crayons, stamps, craft kits, clay and dough, painting supplies, activity and coloring books. There is a crucial need for new notebooks, construction paper, rulers, and pencil sharpeners.
5. SCHOOL EVENTS: Next Generation Children's Centers Of Sudbury open house
Explore during its open house at 7 a.m.
Programs for infants through full day Kindergarten available on full- and part-time schedules.