According to Sgt. Richard MacLean, an officer on patrol on Boston Post Road pulled over a motorist at about 5:31 p.m.
After an investigation was completed, Arthur Carvalho, 45, of 159 Grant St., was arrested and charged with:
- Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license;
- Failure to have an inspection sticker.
In other police news from Oct. 8:
- Officers were dispatched to Sudbury Farms after receiving a 911 call. According to MacLean, the 911 caller reported almost being struck by a car in the parking lot. The operator of the car also called police. When officers arrived, the two callers were seen confronting each other, MacLean said. Peace was restored and no arrests were made.
- A Birchwood Avenue resident was contacted by California authorities regarding possible check fraud. According to MacLean, the resident was asked whether a $5,000 check was made to someone in the state. The resident's bank was notified of the fraud claim and is investigating.
- A manager at Brett's Luggage reported someone made a fraudulent purchase with a bogus credit card and had the items shipped to Tennessee. The case is under investigation.