During the Aug. 20 Board of Selectmen meeting, wihch was live streamed by Sudbury TV, DPW Director Bill Place said work on the Landham Road bridge should be completed by Sept. 3.
Last week, the Town of Sudbury reported construction would be ongoing until further notice after the construction crew found a rusted culvert under the bridge had collapsed.
Crews began work on the project on Aug. 5, forcing traffic to detour through thickly settled neighborhoods, reaching Boston Post Road via Raymond Road.
Sudbury Police Chief Scott Nix said his officers have been busy monitoring traffic on the detour roads.
"We try to monitor the detour routes and make sure cars are driving appropriately given the residential neighborhoods," he said.
The overall cost of the project was projected to be roughly $200,000.
Place told Sudbury Patch he planned on speaking with the bus company on Aug. 23 regarding transportation plans for students. School begins in Sudbury next week.