Saturday at the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston the Lincoln-Sudbury girls indoor track team capped its undefeated DCL season by winning the Dual County League Championship Meet by a margin of 10 points over second place Acton-Boxborough, 80-70. Perennial L-S rival Newton-South finished third with 43 points.
Trailed closely by A-B throughout the meet, L-S sealed the victory by holding off A-B in the relays.
Lauren Ready led the scoring for L-S with 22.5 points. Madison Acton, Marika Crowe and Andrea Keklak each contributed 12.5 points.
- 600m: Madison Acton (1:38.08)
- 1000m: Andrea Keklak (2:50.15)
- Mile: Marika Crowe (5:11.06)
- 55m hurdles: Lauren Ready (8.64)
- Long jump: Lauren Ready (16-05.75)
- 4x400m relay: Ready, Crowe, Acton, Keklak (3:59.36)
Keklak's 1000m time is an L-S and DCL record, and is currently the second fastest in the nation for this season.
In the 4x400m relay, L-S was the only team to finish faster than 4:00.
Other scoring by the L-S girls:
- 600m: Emily Rudder (4th, 1:42.98)
- 1000m: Bryn Miller (6th, 3:15.38)
- High jump: Leah Potter (4th, 4-08.00)
- Shot put: Emily Rudder (5th, 30.07)
- 4x200m relay: Caeleigh Georges, Tori Kohler, Briana Bisson, Sarah Mepham (5th, 1:53.65)
- 4x800m relay: Meri Kohler, Kaileigh McGuire, Bryn Miller, Emily Rudder (2nd, 10:18.92)
In the boys meet, L-S finished 5th with 50 points contributed by many athletes.
Scoring for the boys:
- 55m: Scott Papapietro (3rd, 6.77)
- 300m: Clay Russell (2nd, 1:25.87), Anderson Koenig (5th, 1:26.57), Joshua Kerber (6th, 1:27.77)
- Mile: Matt Barnes (4th, 4:38.87)
- 2 mile: Conor Daley (5th, 10:01.90)
- 4x200m relay: (1st, 1:34.70)
- 4x400m relay: (6th, 3:45.55)
- 4x800m relay: (4th, 8:42.25)
Next up for the indoor track teams: The Division 1 Championships on Friday at the Reggie Lewis Center.